About Trusted Travel Buddies
Supported holidays for adults with additional needs.
I am Anna, owner of Trusted Travel Buddies, and have worked in the Care Sector since 2004.
Trusted Travel Buddies was established in December 2019, offering bespoke tailor-made holiday options to adults with additional support needs. Trusted Travel buddies is based here in the Highlands of Scotland and is a much needed service required for this region in the north of Scotland.
Bespoke tailor-made holidays are most definitely the way forward for the ultimate personalised experience harmonised to each individual.
I would like to see adults in the Highlands and indeed throughout the whole UK, fulfilling their dreams and empowering themselves to fully live their finest lives. I love travelling and have been extremely fortunate to see a fair bit of the world. A few years ago I made a New Year's resolution that I would visit one new country every year. I must confess that was one of the most exhilarating decisions I've ever made.
Why don't you try it? Give it a bash - You'll have lots of fun!
Trusted Travel Buddies Duty of Candour
All Health and Social Care services in Scotland have a duty of Candour. This is a legal requirement which means that when things go wrong and mistakes happen, the people affected understand what has happened, receive an apology and that organisations can learn to improve for the future. An important part of this duty is that we provide an annual report about the duty of candour within this organisation. This short report describes how our Care service has operated the duty of Candour during the time between April 2020 and March 2021.
See the full report
Reasons why you deserve to book a holiday...
- Travel gives you an opportunity to relax and destress. Enjoying an experience you once may have thought was not possible.
- A change is as good as a rest. It is therapeutic to create a change from your daily routine.
- Promoting independence.
- You are more likely to be outdoors, enjoying the fresh air outside. Breathing more deeply. Reoxygenating your blood and benefitting from Vitamin D created from sunlight on our skin.
- Increased feeling of wellbeing.
- Improving your palate. Immerse yourself in local delicacies by trying different foods and fine wines. Maybe even treat yourself to a cocktail (or two)!
- Realising your own potential.
- Having something to look forward to. Even if it is months away, you will think about it often and if you are feeling low remind yourself you have an adventure coming up soon.
- Fulfilling goals.
- Creating memorable experiences for yourself. Write a bucket list, discuss it with your friends and family. Write down everywhere that excites you and could turn your dreams into reality.
- Awakening an air of excitement.
- You will meet new people. Folk of all shapes and sizes with different cultures and beliefs. "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet."
- You will return from your holiday feeling AMAZING. A healthy tan, lots of tales to tell. You will feel re-energised, relaxed and rejuvenated.